Top 10 Content Analysis Tools in 2022
Are content analysis tools important, or can your website succeed without them? Let’s take a look at several key facts. According to Finance Yahoo, the content analysis software market is valued at $4.7 billion and is expected to rise by about 17% annually. In addition, Statista indicates Google has a staggering 83% share of the online search market. Besides, as of October 2022, there are about 5.54 billion pages indexed by Google. Most importantly, the evidence shows that being a number one result in Google’s search means you will have an average 27% of click-through rate. The first search result is ten times more likely to be clicked than a webpage in the 10th spot of the Google search results.
These insights paint a clear picture. The content analysis market is booming. Google is a leading player in such a market. Being in the top ten of Google’s search grants an immense advantage because it drastically increases your site’s chances of being seen and clicked on by users. Keeping that in mind, we collected the top 10 content analysis tools that help you get a spot on the first page of Google search results.
What Are the Best Free Content Analysis Tools?
Content analysis help listed to what data can tell. It is a distinct set of actions translating content in the tool that can affect critical aspects like brand, business objectives, and customer value. Essentially, there are two choices in the realm of content analysis. First, you can find website content analysis tools free of charge. Second, you can employ premium content analysis tools. To see what both methods offer, let’s start with free instruments.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a content analysis free tool coined as one of the behemoths on the market. In a nutshell, this is an in-house instrument uniting a sophisticated interface with various features allowing users to measure and manage their website’s performance. Essentially, Google Analytics is an exquisite analytical tool that helps access various statistics and data illustrating your site’s performance from different angles. With the platform, you can get in-detail insights and reports on marketing, sales performance, product performance, and purchasing behaviors. As a result, Google Analytics is an elaborate content analysis tool showing how your content performs.
When it comes to the pros of Google Analytics, there are the following:
- It is free of charge tool
- The instrument is simple to set up
- Offers detailed web analytics
- Generates reports on tens of data points
- Grants a chance for a deep dive in site’s data
- Google updates Google Analytics regularly
- Provides access to resources like Google Analytics Academy and Google Support Website
When it comes to the cons of Google Analytics, consider these aspects:
- Learning about Google Analytics features can be overwhelming, its learning curve is steep
- If using the tool for the first time, be ready to Google many terms
- While being free of charge, Google Analytics offers information on a limited number of hits
- There are concerns that the tool doesn’t comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Free Google Analytics platform does not have customer support
Overall, Google Analytics is one of the most important content analysis tools on the market. However, to tap into its potential, you need to be ready to spend much time learning how to use it properly.
2. Google Search Console
Another free online content analysis tool in Google’s package is Google Search Console (GSC). There are hardly any SEO specialists and content analysis professionals who can afford avoid using this tool. It is a handy instrument. Webmasters use it for various reasons. As to the features, GSC includes search analytics, crawl evaluation, fixes for HTML, and sitemap assessment. This help take content analytics to another level. Finally, GSC was created by professionals for Google who understand how you can tap into Google’s search engine algorithm.
As to the GSC’s pros, there are several vital elements to mention:
- The tool has features generating tons of data you can analyze
- With GSC you can easily track all the backlinks
- The tool comes with an intuitive interface
- GSC identifies various issues your site and content might have
Ponding on the cons of this tool, you can face the following issues:
- There is no option for submitting an HTML-based sitemap
- Some of the errors are not fixed or updated
- The average position might not be that accurate
As a result, GSC is a free content analysis tool. It enables users to track the website’s performance, deal with backlinks, and resolve numerous issues. Yet, you need to be ready to search through content analysis communities to find some answers to challenges with GSC.
3. Screaming Frog SEO
Screaming Frog is a content analysis tool free of charge. Many users coin it as “incredible.” It can crawl any website and look for technical and SEO issues that other content analysis tools might miss. Screaming Frog is excellent for optimizing meta titles and meta descriptions. These are central parts of linking content with SEO. As to the features, you get carefully crafted reports, redirect auditing, and canonical assessment. Screaming Frog is one of the best content analysis tools beginners can find. It has all you need to start your new content marketing strategy or update an existing one.
Screaming Frog comes with these benefits:
- Easy-to-use user interface
- You can integrate it with Google Analytics and GSC
- Exports data easily.
In addition, Screening From comes with these drawbacks:
- Don’t have access to the cloud
- Updating can take a long time
- Free version is limited in features.
While Screaming Frog is a content analysis tool available in both premium and free options, it is worth trying the free version. Though it comes with a limited package of features, there are still enough to make your content work for your leads. Respectively, Screaming From is built in the way that you learn how to use features from a free version first and then decide whether you need more capabilities and are ready to pay for them.
MarketMuse is a free content analysis tool with different functionalities. As a live text editor useful for optimization, research, and connecting. In short, MarketMuse illustrates relevant topics that can make your content stand out. Besides, you can use this tool to optimize content and develop unique headings, subheadings, and target content scores.
MarketMuse’s free version includes the following pros:
- Offers next-level content optimization capabilities
- Helps you get a competitive advantage by ranking higher on content score
- Grants many content auditing options
- Streamlines the entire process of brief content writing
In turn, MarketMuse also comes with these cons:
- If you want to go past a free version, it will be expensive
- User interface is not that intuitive
- Loading complex projects can take a long time
- Keyword recommendations is not that personalized
Putting all together, MarketMuse is a content analysis tool that can make your content much better. However, to take full advantage of this instrument, you need to get used to its sloppy interface.
Similarweb is a free website content analysis tool focusing on key marketing and content metrics that can reshape your marketing strategy and distinguish your website from market competitors. With this instrument, you can discover analytics your competitors use, get insights on the market you are trying to enter, explore the industry’s benchmarks, and can predict future trends. Similarweb offers unique metrics and insights driving decision-making toward content marketing perfection.
The key upsides of the tools are the following:
- Elaborate analytics functions
- Various unique features
- Great UI and UX
- Appealing data visualization
- High degree of customization
On the other hand, similarweb entails these downsides:
- Doesn’t provide analytics for mobile devices
- Provides overestimation for websites with low traffic
At this point, while being free of charge, similarweb comes with features other than content analysis tools, which require hefty prices to use them. Yet, if you plan to develop a website for mobile devices, the tool is not for you.
What Are the Best Paid Content Analysis Tools?
The aforementioned web content analysis tools are the ones offering a decent benefits to drawbacks ratio. If you are new to content analysis, there is a high chance free tools will be enough. However, if you intend to dive deeper into what content can offer, there is a low chance you can avoid premium instruments. Without further ado, let’s explore some top paid content analysis tools available.
Frase.io is a website content analysis tool that emphasizes software optimization and content creation. The instrument operates in content briefs, content creation, and topic research. In other words, Frase shows you how to improve topics, headers, subheaders, and other content elements to meet the needs of your target audience. The insights can be easily integrated into WordPress, thus making work for your content marketers much more effortless.
Frase comes with these pros:
- Minimalistic and easy-to-use dashboard
- Grants an accurate vision of content your competitors use
- An option to create different pages in one document
- Has a feature for building outlines
- Comes with an AI-based content writing tool
Also, Frase comes with the following cons:
- It is not affordable for bloggers and marketers from small companies
- Frase’s AI writing technology is not that developer and personalized
- There is no live support
- Frase doesn’t have a free trial
Finally, in terms of pricing, Frase comes in three packages:
- Basic plan starting at $45 per month for 1 user only
- Team plan starting at $114 per month for up to 3 users
- Enterprise plan with custom pricing for unlimited users.
While being a pricey content analysis tool, Frase has enough features and capabilities to help you develop vital parts of your content strategy.
Semrush is an online content analysis tool with the most available capabilities. There are two instruments Semrush offers – SEO Writing Assistant and SEO Content Template. The first one helps optimize content for search engines. The second one suggests what keywords to integrate to boost your search engine ranking. Each instrument in itself provides numerous instruments. Semrush is an all-in-one content analysis and optimization tool that enables users to develop marketing strategies that will stand out. When using this instrument, you get a definite feeling it was created by people with vast expertise in content analysis.
In short, Semrush provides these benefits:
- Easy to use interface
- Accurate domain analysis
- Grants volumes of PPC data
- Offers different reports based on competitor analysis
- A 30-day free trial
Despite all the advantages, Semrush also has these drawbacks:
- Provides insights from Google search engine only
- All pricing plans grant only one user account
- Some additional tools is too expensive
- Semrush can be challenging to use on mobile devices
As to the pricing plans, three options are available:
- Pro plan starting at $199.95 per month
- Guru plan starting at $229.95 per month
- Business plan starting at $449.95 per month.
With all the puzzle pieces together, one can say that Semrush is a sophisticated content analysis tool granting many capabilities. It is vital for developing distinct content marketing and SEO strategies. However, you need to pay a hefty price for all of that.
When it comes to interactive content analysis SEO tools, it is impossible to avoid mentioning Surfer SEO. It is a unique content editor offering real-time insights into ways of improving your content. Surfer includes keyword recommendations, distinct usage counts, content score metrics, images, and paragraph counts. It grants a guideline you need to follow to make the most optimized content for your website.
Surfer offers the following advantages:
- Interactive and intuitive interface
- Real-time Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords
- Close assistance with content structure
- Interactive on-page SEO advice
- Distinct semantic analysis
- Different ranking factors are involved.
Yet, Surfer comes with the following disadvantages:
- A limited number of queries depending on the pricing plan you choose
- Sometimes, the platform offers suggestions that thwart content readability
- Underdeveloped keyword instrument
In terms of pricing, Surfer is available in these packages:
- Basic plan starting at $49 per month
- Pro plan starting at $99 per month
- Business plan starting at $199 per month.
Surfer SEO is a content analysis tool users love for its interactivity and intuitiveness. In real-time, you can make your content strategy way better. However, there are still some issues with keyword optimization, and you need to double-check suggestions that can compromise readability.
If you are looking for a content analysis tool with an easy WordPress integration, look no more. Yoast is the instrument operating as a plugin. It helps locate relevant to your SEO strategy keywords. While powered by Semrush, this tool is great for content and keyword optimization.
The pros of Yoast are the following:
- User-friendly instrument
- Can be used for content proofreading
- Fixes many keyword-related issues.
In turn, these are the cons of Yoast:
- To use Yoast, you need to follow some strict guidelines
- Yoast does not understand your content’s intent
There are two pricing plans available:
- Yoast SEO premium starting at $99 per year
- Yoast SEO for Shopify starting at $19 per month
One can say that Yoast is not a fully fledged content analysis tool like Surfer or Semrush. However, as a WordPress plugin, it can be beneficial for finding the most relevant keywords for your content.
Finally, among SEO tools for content analysis, there is one standing out, which is Ryte. In short, it is a content quality platform. It allows users to explore different keyword recommendations and compare it to competitive analysis reports. As a content editor, Ryte brings forward suggestions that help improve your text and make it more optimized for search engines.
The benefits of Ryte are the following:
- Easy report-building feature
- Great customer support
- Prioritization of errors and issues
The drawbacks of Ryte are these:
- Not suited for beginners due to its complicated interface
- Its competitive analysis has some issues
When it comes to pricing, there are three plans you can select from:
- Basic plan starting at $99 per month
- Business plan starting at $540 per month
- Enterprise plan customizable to every client
In short, if you want to drive user engagement and want to improve the content people will interact with, Ryte is an excellent option. However, if you are a beginner in the content analysis realm, start with less sophisticated tools.
Final Remarks on Content Analysis Tools
All in all, content analysis tools come in different shapes and sizes. There are free and premium instruments available. To determine which one you need first, consider your expertise and experience in content analysis. If you are not familiar with many terms we mentioned above, free versions should be a starting point. However, with your skills growing, you can quickly transfer to premium content analysis tools to give your content and your website a chance for a better life. Your users and search engines like Google will appreciate that.